History of Our Building
Built in 1876, by Robert Voss, this beautiful three story brick building was first used by the Bank of Washington from 1877 until 1880. After the bank moved next door, Voss opened a store named Voss Bazaar. Voss and his family lived on the 2nd floor until he died.
After 1910 the location became home to Kruel’s Store, a 5 and 10, which remained there until the mid-1950’s. It was then sold to Robert Miller who rented to the Art Center, who still occupies the lower level to this day.
In 2006, Bill Dickinson, President of Osage Food Products, purchased the building and restored it to its original beauty and uses the upper two floors for his business office.